MSUFCU Opens Kentwood Branch, Second in West Michigan
KENTWOOD, Mich. — MSU Federal Credit Union (MSUFCU) today held a ribbon-cutting ceremony for its new full-service branch in West Michigan at 4580 28th St. SE in Kentwood.
“Each time we have the joy of opening a branch, it is a new beginning in a community that we want to grow and support,” said April Clobes, MSUFCU President and CEO. “Physical branches are a way to embody the Credit Union’s core values and are critical to our success in the community. MSUFCU’s philosophy is to locate branches where our members are located and living, including the more than 16,000 who are in the greater Grand Rapids region.”
The new branch will offer drive-up video tellers and 24-hour ATMs, as well as a full range of financial products and services, including mortgages and business services. As a full-service branch, MSUFCU’s Kentwood location creates 10 new jobs — Branch Manager Russ Waligorski, Assistant Branch Manager Chelsea Post, and eight financial services representatives.
As part of the grand-opening event, representatives from the following local organizations spoke about their new partnerships with MSUFCU:
- Comprehensive Therapy Center, which meets the therapeutic and educational needs of adults and children with disabilities who are at-risk or disadvantaged through skill building, academic enhancement, and social-emotional support.
- Home Repair Services of Kent County, which strengthens vulnerable Kent County homeowners by teaching them how to take care of their home, make home improvements themselves, and provides financial counseling as it relates to home ownership.
This is in addition to existing support for other West Michigan programs, including Family Promise of West Michigan, the Grand Rapids Public Museum Foundation, the Boys and Girls Club of Grand Rapids, and the Hope Network Foundation.
The Credit Union is offering several specials coinciding with the new branch’s grand opening, including:
- Mortgage Closing Cost Savings: $500 off through June 30, 2023.
- Spend and Save Bundle: Open an MSUFCU Visa credit card and a one-year add-on certificate and receive a gift.
- Youth Account: Receive a gift for opening a new account.
- Insured Money Management Account Special Offer: New accounts receive $250 when depositing $25,000 or more.